For my first (test) post, here’s a bit of weird news:
On March 14 (Australian time), a >50-year old python swallowed a family dog that had been chained to its kennel outside. The owner went out to get her Chihuahua x Maltese only to find the python in its place, with the chain sticking out of its mouth. Thankfully, the owner didn’t harm the python, but instead contacted volunteers from a wildlife rescue organisation. The chain was cut and the python was eventually taken to a wildlife hospital.
In the latest update I found, the veterinarians had decided to leave the chain for a few weeks until everything is digested.